The Mega Millions has a long history of handing over payouts bigger than Texas.
When it started out as ‘The Big Game’ way back in 1996, it was only available in a handful of US states.
These days it's available in 46 jurisdictions and is a firm favourite amongst lottery players. Given that it has a starting jackpot of AUD$54 Million, it’s not hard to see why!
Mega Millions and Mega Billions
Along with US Powerball, the Mega Millions is a record breaker.
It holds the world record for the largest lottery prize won on a single ticket, at AUD$2.1 Billion!
That’s a lot of zeroes, and they all went to one person, who is now living in a solid gold castle (probably).
On top of this, the 10 highest Mega Millions jackpots have a mind-boggling average of AUD$870 Million per jackpot.
Second Prizes up to AUD$6.5 Million
The Mega Millions offers a minimum second division prize of AUD$1.3 Million. However, if you choose the Multiplier option, this can be upped to AUD$6.5 Million!
In fact, the Multiplier option can multiply all non-jackpot prizes by up to 5 times!
Play USA Mega Lotto: Your Ticket to Mega Millions!
- Format: Pick 5 numbers between 1 and 70 and 1 number between 1 and 25
- In a hurry? Choose a 'Quick Play' for fast checkout
- To select your own numbers, select the 'Choose my numbers' option
- To multiply non-jackpot prizes by up to 5 times, choose the Multiplier option for $3.45 per game
- Select how many draws you’d like to use your numbers for
For each USA Mega Lotto ticket you buy with The Lottery Office, we buy a matching ticket in the Mega Millions, guaranteeing you your shot at big money!
Find out more about the other great lotteries we offer.