Winning instant millions. Everyone’s thought about it.
It seems, though, that most people fall into one of two categories when they suddenly have access to bulk cash:
- “I’ll treat myself a little, maybe do some good for society, then I’ll wisely invest the rest so that my family and I are looked after for life”.
- “I really do need 5 mansions, 15 Lamborghinis, every bottle of Bollinger in existence and a pilot, just in case I decide to get a Learjet someday. Anything left I should probably spend on <insert expensive, addictive vice here>”.
When you win untold wealth, you’ve got the opportunity to get creative and do pretty much anything! You really need to consider these options if you don’t want to follow the predictable lottery crowd:
- Build your own brewery – “I would hate my own unlimited supply of fresh beer”, said no one ever.
- Start your own micronation – It might not be recognised as a legit state by the powers that be, but so what; you still get to give yourself a cool title, your own currency, flags and passports!
Side note: Don’t burn your “real” passport just yet. Probably not a good idea to try international travel on your micronation passport, even if you are, “King Jimmy of Jimmyland”.
- Refuse to wear anything except custom made threads – Nothing says “I have millions in the bank” like a finely tailored suit, or hand-sewn, monogrammed undies. If you’re not dressed like this at all times, you’re doing rich wrong: